mmg_fan;307180 Wrote:
> Phil
> ok, it seems that I should get my amp serviced. Or perhaps simply hang
> onto my Lavry...when I go digital out from the TP to my Lavry(and XLR
> out from the Lavry to amp)...all 3 devices plugged into the same power
> bar..the problem also disappears.
>
> From what you say, am I wrong in supposing shoddy workmanship in the
> case of my Jolida hybrid amp?
>
> On a related subject, do you think 'power conditioners' are snake oil,
> or a worthwhile investment?
I invested in one of the Monster Power boxes,(yeah i know not a popular
brand)mainly for protection for my audio and plasma screen.  Part of it
was a sale of about half price but it turned out to be quite a nice
piece of equipment. Not a power regulator but has separated filters for
audio and video. I didn't expect much other than it probably would save
me from huge power gains (ie lightning).  Any audio gains are probably
due to wishing but the video gains actually were very nice. I used to
have pixelating (sp?) quite often but now I never seem to. So all in
all it does give me some comfort plus improved tv.

--
Nonreality

*-If the rule you followed brought you to this, what good is the rule.-*