iPhone;310868 Wrote:
> Hey Tony. Comparing Apples to Oranges, it just can't be done. SACD is
> its own thing and that is probably why it is dead. Sony who created it
> is not even supporting it anymore. I would not make a switch to SACD
> because it would be just like going out and buying a HD DVD player
> instead of Blu-Ray. The SACD format is dead and in 10 years we will
> probably not even be able to buy Red Book CDs.
>
> Now on the Transporter front there are some things to think about. Sure
> one can use and SB3 with a $1000 DAC and save $700 over a Transporter,
> BUT the SB3 will not play HD Digital Files unless they are down
> converted so why even go there. The future of Music is going to be
> files. Not CDs or SACDs, but files in some type of format. Most here
> are hoping it will be some HD format. If that ends up happening, the
> SB3 with the DAC will most likely then be out dated.
>
> If it were me, I would keep listening to the SB3 and start saving money
> for a Transporter or whatever future Slim Devices product might come our
> way to play HD FLAC files.

That's what I meant to say but iPhone has done it much more clearly.
iPhone, you hit the nail regarding the future of music, however, one
could just as easily say "media" instead of "music" and still be
correct.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2