sikahr;311583 Wrote:
> First, about the workaround, there are no need for conversion,
> transcoding workaround works superb.
>
> Second, You didn't say anything about first file (-45db).
>
> Please listen additional file:
> http://www.driveway.com/v8x5g1b3p9
>
> this is -60db file, it maybe gives best picture because  music and
> artefacts  are about same level.
>
> My point is:
> if noise of about -60 db mixed with music is not important, then I
> agree with You. But I think this is important and I clearly can hear
> this on my system on audiophile recordings as additional noise which
> disappeare when I use trancoding.
>

> Peace,  Nenad

The -45dB file was...louder.

Maybe I'm missing something here.

Can you post the mp3 fragment without any normalisation or changes in
level? so I can hear it exactly as it would be ripped?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X with Good Vibrations S/W - MF X-DAC
V3/X-PSU/X-10 buffer (Audiocomm full mods)- Linn 5103 - Linn Aktiv 5.1
system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend
Supertweeters, Kimber & Chord cables