Phil Leigh;312132 Wrote:
> Denon Link is NOT ethernet. It is a proprietary 24/192 interface.

In my mind, not really the point. No matter what it is, it is digital.
And the cable is unshileded so why bother with the nice jacket (oh yeah
they have to justify the cost!). I bet that if it were ohm'd out it is
just twisted pair ethernet. Denon might be switching which pairs end up
where so as to make it a proprietary cable so you can not just go out
and buy any ethernet cable, but I bet you can still crimp your own and
it will work just fine because again its digital. No digital cable ever
made with unshileded RJ45s is worth more then $5.95 (1.5 meter length).

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/mephone)
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono Blocks,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Bedroom: SB3, NAD C370, Thiel 2.3
Home Office: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, VSM-1 Sigs
Mobile: SB3, Audioengine A5