anselld;314136 Wrote:
> Not quite, but I have used TP with Delius and Purcell upsampler using TP
> slaved to the Delius world clock output.  It certainly works and I don't
> think you will have any major problems.  The only issue as far as I see
> it is that you will have to manually change clock frequency on the
> Verona to match the source sampling rate, whereas if TP were the master
> clock it would adjust itself to the source automatically.  Of course TP
> max resolution is 96/24 max as far as I know.

Thanks for the info, anselld! I'd been wondering about the clocking:
the Verona outputs 44.1kHz and 48kHz only: all the high resolution
audio files use a multiple of one or other of these (the most extreme
being DSD with 64 × 44.1kHz = 2.8224MHz) and the Elgar Plus is happy
with that. I wonder can the TP cope or does it need the exact sampling
rate?

To input 192/24 to the Elgar you need to use a dual AES/EBU connection:
as the TP only has one of these, no amount of firmware upgrades will
make this possible.  But it's a bit theoretical anyway: files of higher
resolution than 96/24 seem to be pretty rare!

--
Ciaran