Complicated, and something you're only going to resolve with plenty of
listening!

Firstly, the Transporter might work for you.  Try it.  You might also
like to consider the modded products such as the Modwright Transporter
and the SB+.  If you go the DAC route, I would suggest one with a clock
output and slave the TP, but this does depend on the DAC.  If it -is
-doing its job properly, it should be independent of transport, but I
fear many/most/all do not.

Let us know how you get on!

--
adamslim

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have
others

SB+, EAR V20, Living Voice OBX-R2s plus some other stuff
SB3, Charlize, Harbeth HL-P3ES