m1abrams;317040 Wrote:
> Bottom line is this, would you want to spend the time to rip 500 CDs and
> possibly have errors in the data but really have no way to know until
> you listen to each and every track.  Or use a proper program and rip
> 500 CDs and know that you have no errors in the data.
>
> Also I have found that many CDs have errors, even brand new CDs.

They all have errors, but it's whether they can be corrected or not is
the issue. iTunes works for me, the only time I ever found an problem,
I cleaned the disk and re-ripped it and all was fine.

I'm a Mac user and I do run Parallels, so I could use these other
rippers, but to be honest I haven't found the need, because when I did
trial them they were painfully slow and gave no discernible
improvement.

The only reason I posted was because it was said that if you care about
audio, you shouldn't use iTunes, which is misleading. It only matters if
you have disks that error correction can't fix and then a more
industrial strength solution is needed. I haven't needed it.

I will admit that EAC and the ilk do appeal to the geeky audiophile
part of me, but the busy pragmatic side makes me use iTunes because it
is a far more pleasant experience. I'd rather be listening than
ripping.

--
CardinalFang