Hi - I have been using a squeezebox for a few months with a wifi
connection to my home computer.  I am now thinking of going down the
dedicated server route.  We are about to install wood floors in lounge
and hall so I have the opportunity to stick a server in the understairs
cupboard and run a cable under the new floor straight to the hifi area.

My questions are:

Would a hard wire connection be better than wifi (or at least give me a
second option when the wifi is down)?

If I do this what is the best value cable (optimum sound quality for
reasonable price) and any suggestions for suppliers?

I would be looking at about 8 metres of cabling - would this affect
sound quality?

Sorry for all these questions but I love music and am not very
technical.  Will be off line for a few hours now but will log in later
on.#

Best wishes

Willie B

--