opaqueice;322841 Wrote:
> If there was a real audible effect (which I very much doubt), jitter is
> the most obvious guess (although the Benchmark is supposed to be
> totally immune to it).
>
> But there are other possibilities - if the Duet was connected via a
> coax cable, it might be picking up RF noise or transmitting some other
> kind of EM interference to the DAC, which could then get into the DAC's
> output.  Mods to the duet could conceivably affect that.  Or the
> reviewer might simply have had a different configuration of cables
> connected when using one Duet versus the other, or had them plugged
> into different sockets and experienced some kind of ground loop.  The
> possibilities are endless... and totally pointless without a DBT.This is just
> typical crap to leave the shadow of doubt in your mind that
you might be missing something although if it is missing you would have
to have audiophile ears to hear it.  That way if you don't hear a
difference it's because you don't have the qualification required to
hear it. Not because there is no diff.  This con has been used for
years, keep it vague and if they complain blame the customer.  A newer
version is in cables. Don't hear a difference, you need to brake them
in.  Usually just past the date that you can return them. I'm not
saying here that it's all a con game mind you but when dealing with
intangibles it's easy to take advantage of people, even people that
know what they are doing. Everyone wants to believe.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality