seanadams;323329 Wrote:
> Steve,
>
> It is a high impedance input and will accept any voltage from 3 to 12V,
> and any frequency from 44.1 to 96KHz. The output impedance of the clock
> source is not important - your 50 ohm drive is fine.
>
> When in word clock mode, Transporter is agnostic of the input sample
> rate, and will play at whatever rate it is fed.
>
> If the Pace-Car automatically outputs the correct frequency based on
> the incoming s/pdif signalling bits, then everything should just work.
> However, there will necessarily be a brief drop in the signal when
> switching from one frequency to another, while the PLL re-synchs.
>
> Can you describe the problem you're having?
>
> Sean

I'm not having a problem.  I'm just trying to answer these inquiries in
a knowledgable fashion.  The information you have given me should allow
me to do this.

I will series terminate my word-clock output with 50 ohms output
impedance and then drive through 50 ohm coax to the Transporter. The
Pace-Car will automatically switch the word-clock output between
44.1kHz and 96kHz based on the rate of the data stream from the
Transporter.  Everything should work fine.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

--