Patrick Dixon;324980 Wrote:
> It does if the data is a PCM representation of an analogue signal and
> you are in the process of converting it between the analogue and
> digital domains.

Ok, you got me on a technicality!  You are 100% correct, jitter in the
Analog to Digital converter does imprint itself on the data.  And in
the same context, you could say jitter in the Digital to Analog
converter is also imprinting itself on the audio stream.  But in the
context of digital to digital communication, jitter has no effect on
the data.

--
DCtoDaylight

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight