Well, pardon me if I'm wrong, but I don't see where's the point to
discuss :

Pablolie says he can hear a difference between
- the SB's digital output feeding his CD player's dac, and
- the same dac being fed by the digital signal from its internal CD
player.

So what ? A digital signal is NOT on the transport domain. It has
nothing to do with flacs or whatever the lossless encoding used ! The
difference may come from a hundred things, including internal cabling,
clocking and I don't even know what else.
It's an evidence to me that feeding a CD dac externally or internally
*may easily* result in an audible difference depending on how these
inputs are designed. It's not an evidence to you ? :)

--
Themis

SB3 - Denon 3808 - Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus