The bonus question is: "why do you ask?"
This discussion can go on for years: what is better? can you hear the
difference? It all depends on the quality of your HiFi system, your
ears and most important the type of music you listen to. HiFi is a
mid-80s, loosely defined standard. 99% of nowedays equipment including
the $30 DVD/CD player sold at your local DIY shop is HiFi.

So in fact you should do a blind test with each track you buy or rip to
hear if there is a difference. Recently I'm taking a different approach.
As harddisk space is cheap these days I just rip everything as FLAC and
don't bother with it. But than again, I don't have and want a porteble
music player.

--
th00ht

SqueezeBox v3