cliveb;347984 Wrote:
> I didn't know they did that these days. Traditionally it was done simply
> by having two playback heads an appropriate distance apart on the tape
> deck feeding the lathe. The first head determined the groove pitch
> required, and the second head delivered the signal to be cut. This
> seems a much simpler solution: quite why they bother to introduce a
> digital loop into the process nowadays beats me.

Hmm...Clive, what is this "tape deck" of which you speak? - you mean
the thing with the big turny reels? - pretty much obsolete these days
in cutting plants aside from niche retro plants.

So it's good to know that all the sound on that lovely "perfect"
analogue vinyl has been through several digital stages on its way to
the turntable ;o)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT RCS 2.2X + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods)- Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters,
Kimber & Chord cables
Outdoors: Boombox+Creative Sub (If I remember to turn it on...)