OK.  I skimmed the paper and I'm still skeptical.  I'm a scientist but
this is not my area.  First, this is a very small study with only 10-30
individuals per test.  The findings are only marginally statistically
significant (I computed the p-values), and in some cases not
significant.  They don't say how they calculated their statistical
tests (their F-stats), but it looks to me like they are treating
different samples of the same individual as independent observations,
probably a no-no, and treating them otherwise would likely make the
results statistically insignificant.  It's not clear that it's double
blind so it's probably not. (It is stated to be single blind: the
listener doesn't know which sample he/she is listening to.)  All of
this would lead us to think that the results are at best suggestive and
definitely not conclusive.  Given that there are many other studies that
find no effect in similar tests, one would have to still lean toward
thinking that it's more likely there is no effect.  This is
particularly true given the lack of a theory for the effect.

--
lanierb