Howdy,

My choice of music is very wide... from old jazz to Guns & Roses and
about all in between. Most of what I like was recorded a long time ago,
and quality of current CD material is often disappointing. If you know
the following bands/musicians, read on. If you don't know or don't like
them, this post is not very interesting for you, but read the last
sentence anyway ;-)

Georgio Moroder, Robin S, New Order, Kristine W, Yazoo, Chemise, Hugh
Masakela, Santa Esmeralda, Chaplin Band, RAH band, EW&F, Fun Fun, Talk
Talk, Grace Jones, Bobbie O, Azoto, The Flirts, Jacksons, Johnsons,
Gary's Gang or even Donna Summer and many others in the genre...

I might have some good news for you! A fellow Dutchman has made it his
task to rescue the masters of this genre and even enhance or re-create
them from vinyl if they were lost already. No loudness war here, but
the best a professional audiophile can do with old analog master tapes,
an oven (he will bake the tapes to make them playable again!), the
latest in digital studio equipment and pressing red book CD's. All are
remastered and some even re-mixed if the material missed a beat etc.
His name is Ben Liebrand and these CD's will play you the genre like
you never heard it before. And it's all official with cooperation of
the labels and artists, legal etc.

The best place to start is here:
http://www.liebrand.nl/grand12/index.html
Each set is 4 CD's so we're talking 24 CD's on this page alone (but the
rest are not masters, so this is all I like).

I have listened to the original "Grand 12-inches" and can confirm it's
top quality; I also have nothing to gain with this post, it's genuine.

Even if you don't like the genre, it's very nice reading material as he
explains how he had to find the master tapes, bake them etc. It also
explains how he proceeded when the only source material left was vinyl.
Scroll to the bottom part of the page linked below to start reading the
background of finding and rescuing each track.

cheers,
Nick.

--
DeVerm