JJZolx;352728 Wrote:

> I think what you're missing (not that anyone can convince you) is that
> many people want neat, unobtrusive, whole house audio systems in their
> homes.  Some nearly invisible ceiling or in-wall speakers and a control
> on the wall.  Not an entire stereo system in every freaking room of the
> house.

I don't think anyone is missing that.  It's just that if you want neat,
unobtrusive and cheap and you don't care much for sound quality, then it
doesn't belong here.  The implication when you ask a question in the
audiophile forum is that you want the best *sound quality* possible.  A
bunch of us logically reacted to the OP by saying that his solution was
compromising sound quality in many ways, which it is.

You guys act like unobtrusive requires a central amp with 6 SBs in a
box somewhere and speaker wires run around the house.  I disagree, and
I think there are better solutions.  The problem was that the OP didn't
want to listen to any suggestions.  He seemed instead to be looking for
us to support a decision he had already made.

I hate the sound of in-wall speakers, but if that's a requirement I can
recommend some (I have some, but wouldn't do it again).  Once you are
installing in-wall speakers, you can easily build an amp into the walls
(depending on power requirements).  I know some nice sounding amps that
are about the size of a sandwich and run cool (virtually no heat).  You
can also build an SB into the wall if you like, or mount it on a wall.
This would be a better solution IMO.  You could make it expensive if
you want, but I don't think it would have to be.

--
lanierb