The bigger Zalman 5000 was around $1500 the last time I looked, the
smaller 3000 was a bit cheaper....   They have heat pipes which replace
the cpu fans, as well as north and south bridge, plus optional setups
for the graphics cards.  The power supply is fanless and is directly
bolted to the heat sink side plates. The hard disc mounts are on
isolated rubber standoffs.  All in all an expensive but effective
solution.

I went for the equally effective, but much less expensive alternative,
of running a bit of cat 5 cable into a dark corner of a storage room in
the basement.  Buried behind a bunch of boxes, my server is muffled
enough that it can't be heard in the rec room next door....

Cheers,  Dave

--
DCtoDaylight

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight