I took delivery of my SB yesterday and was soon up and running - well I
already has Squeezecentre installed and had been using Softsqueeze on
an old Shuttle PC behind the TV - that was noisy, of course so it was
not used often.

The SB increases the clarity of the FLAC stream into the DAC - quite an
impressive difference - I was not sure what the Shuttle was doing before
it passed the data by optical link to the Beresford DAC.

Alien BBC now works faultlessly - with Softsqueeze I had some problems.

The quality of the plastic mouldings is impressive and the general
build quality looks very good. I paid £121 from Amazon for a SB3 in
damaged outer packaging. Now the Transporter cost ten times that. That
is a very big jump in any product range. Can it really be ten times
better (whatever that means) I am not a poor man: if the Transporter
was half the price I wouldn't think twice about it.

"I am reviewing . . . the sit-u-a-tion." !

--
Labarum

Brian

Beresford DAC - Quad 405-2 refurbished by 405man - Quart 980s German
Tower Loudspeakers.

FLAC through Foobar, XP and ASIO
Squeezebox 3 Classic
Virgin Cable Box
No FM reception for Quad tuner - but both digital radio sources are
better