Michele Sanges;356692 Wrote:
> I have an old amplifier Luxman L-215 (1980's) and two Cerwin Vega U6
> speakers.
>
> I need an advice to buy a new amplifier and two speakers for my digital
>
> sources, ie a squeezebox classic for the music and a media center for
> the video. Any suggestion is welcome.
>
> What do you think about the Denon PMA-500AE?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Michele Sanges

I thoroughly agree with those that state that, especially given your
budget, concentrating on the speakers will get you the biggest bang for
the buck. With 1000 Euro some awesome possibilities with very accurate
monitor speakers open up, and the competent yet mellow sound out of an
Accuphase amp may actually complement them well... you never know until
you try, but the speaker change may be amazing by itself.

many years ago I went down exactly that route - I had a Luxman amp, and
was considering upgrading it and the speakers... and in the end only
upgraded the speakers, and it made me a very happy person for a long
time. I still own that Luxman amp, it performs duty as the garden
system amplifier, connected to an SB3 of course. Everybody agrees it is
the best sounding garden system they have ever heard. :-D

So I have an affinity for the Luxman sound myself, and think that if it
is in good condition you may yet get some good mileage out of it.

The big caveat is that I am not familiar with your speakers at all.

--
pablolie