results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=55246
Question: Direct to power amp?

- Yes
- No

Pneumonic;361260 Wrote:
> Simple question.
>
> Do you plug your Squeezebox or Transporter direct into your power amp
> bypassing your preamp or attenuator (passive or active) stage in the
> process?

It is not officially recommended given the fact you can blow your
speakers (and ears, and neighborhood relations) to shreds if the S'box
goes haywire, which does happen on very rare occasions. It happened to
me after a thunderstorm that my SB3 had gone utterly insane and was
blowing random noises at full volume, and only unplugging it would end
it. So be careful - I would not rely on the Preamp Volume Control
setting, I would make sure there is a way to make sure the max power
coming out of the power amp can not obliterate your speakers.

--
pablolie

...pablo
Server: 3.3 GHz Intel E8600 Core 2 Duo Vista Ultimate 64
Sources: SB3 (4), SB Boom (2), Duet, Accuphase DP65v
Amplification: Accuphase E306v
Loudspeakers: Tuned and self-built Ceeroy 3 way
Headphones: Grado SR-1