I already have read quite some threads about the Squeezebox, however
none of them could clearly explain me why certain DACs do not lock on
to the Squeezebox SPDIF signal.

Could you explain me what the reason is ? and if it is possible to
change the output frequency from the Squeezebox itself ?
Maybe the solution can be found in using something like a Genesis
digital lens or a device like the Apogee Big Ben to resample ?
I use a a Yamamura 1000 cable (1m) as a digital interconnect, because
gives the best sound. (I also tried Siltech HF9 G3 75 Ohm digital
interconnect, but aslo nothing...)

My problem:
I would really like to use the VTL Studio tube DAC as it is by far the
best, however it cannot lock the signal from the Squeezebox ! This is
pretty frustrating. Please advice !

My set:
VTL 70/70 power(heavely modified)
VTL Maxline pre(heavely modified)
VTL Studio tube DAC (now only for ML)
Mark Levinson No27 transport
Sphinx DAC Model Three (for Squeezebox)
Yamamura and Cardas interconnect, loudspeaker and power Cables
Navcom feet (tube gear)
JMlab Vega loudspeakers

I will soon start looking for an upgrade of the Squeezebox power
supply... ;o) (specific project)

Thanks already for all the advice !

Laurens, Netherlands

--