brianz;364649 Wrote:
> Hi, I am trying to figure out whether to get a Duet or a Transporter.  I
> currently have a Yamaha RX-V2700 receiver which I guess would be
> mid-upper range ($1700 when bought new two years ago).  I also have a
> Rotel 200x5 amp powering my Polk LSi speakers and a big SVS subwoofer.
> Given how amazing CDs sound on my Denon player, I plan on streaming only
> FLACs through either the Duet or the Transporter. I am trying to decide
> on the below options.
>
> 1)  Have the Duet unit's digital-out send the signals to the Yamaha
> receiver for processing, bypassing the Duet's DAC and other
> processors.
>
> 2)  Have the Transporter do all processing and send the analog output
> to my Yamaha to play in pure direct mode.
>
> 3)  Other options?  Maybe the Duet with the Cambridge DacMagic outboard
> DAC?
>
> I believe there's much more to the Transporter's sound quality than
> just the DAC, such as the overall signal processing in terms of things
> like reducing jitter.  But I do know my Yamaha is fairly upper end for
> receivers, so before I spend a lot on the Transporter, I want to know
> if the Duet/Yamaha combo can be expected to match the Transporter's
> performance.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Keep in mind you can RIP the DTS sound track off DVD-A's and play them
back in multi-channel if you hook up digitally.

I probably have 30-40 DVD-A or DTS CD's ripped and they sound great.

--
mswlogo

XP > Cat5 > Transporter > SPDIF > Meridian G68 > DSP 6000, 5500HC, 33
XP > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF > Meridian DSP 5000
XP > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF > Meridian G91 > DSP 5000

'My Transporter Setup'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=350741&postcount=45)
'Hitch Hikers Guide to Meridian' (http://www.meridianunplugged.com)