I agree that open mindedness is important. Sometimes though in the face
of "generally accepted" conclusions, some idea or experience comes
along that can cause incredulous reactions and start an alternative way
of thinking or experimentation. I have never dismissed opinions or
discussions as "pooh pooh" however incredulous it may sound at first.
There has been a whole host of "incredulous" ideas over the years and
many have now become accepted facts of audiophilia.

To set our thoughts or conclusions in concrete would stunt creativity
and isn't vision and creativity the marrow of our passions, in this
case - good music playback.

--
maxrob200