I got quite worried when I saw this thread; I then realised that I had
noticed that the previous track didn't sound great, and the current
one, a Beethoven concerto, also was a bit rough.  Panic!!!

So I checked the SC version - 7.2.1.  I haven't bothered to upgrade
yet.

Then I engaged brain, and realised that this was a recording from the
1950s, and the previous one was a pretty dodgy digital one from the
80s.  I had had it on random play and wasn't paying too much attention,
so I only noticed the iffy sound when I listened for it.

Put a track that I know well, and all is well.  It'll probably be fine
when I get round to upgrading to 7.3 as well.  It's very easy to jump
to conclusions based on imagination and little else in this game.

--
adamslim

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have
others

SB+, Audion 300Bs, Lowther Big Fun Horns with PM6As
SB3, Charlize, Harbeth HL-P3ES
Boooooooooooooooom