darrenyeats;378713 Wrote:
> Another explanation might be the the so-called "high-end" DACs are more
> prone to input jitter which the "lower-end" DACs have no problem
> ignoring. It wouldn't be the first case of high tech not equalling
> sensible engineering. I do know of one DAC company confident enough to
> publish measurements (unlike a lot of high end companies). And these
> published measurements indicate output distortion not increasing with
> input jitter. You can reach your own conclusion.
Darren, I sincerely doubt that the Lavry DA2002 is a poorly engineered
dac, or that is more sensible to jitter. There's still the placebo
effect, of course, but... if I push your logic to its limit, then I
could say that the SB and the Transporter are all the same, too. And
that all drives and all dacs are the same, anyway.
I doubt, really.

--
Themis

SB3 - North Star dac 192 - Denon 3808 - Sonus Faber Grand Piano Domus