JezA;378406 Wrote:
> I still don't understand your position Pat.
>
> Can you hear a difference between 24/48, 24/96 and 24/192?
>
> Do you believe others, like say the guys at Gimell and Linn Records and
> Phillips and Harmonia Mundi, or their customers, can?

Blind ABX tests have proven that people can hear the difference between
16 bit and higher rez formats.....  on a silent section of a track with
the volume cranked (so the difference in 16 bit quantization noise was
audible).

Other than that, no.

I did a calculation a while ago on this forum which showed that
changing the 24th bit on even a very powerful system corresponds to a
change in SPL that's smaller than the fluctuations due to Brownian
motion of air molecules - far, far below the threshold of human
hearing.

--
opaqueice