darrenyeats;379145 Wrote:
> Nyquist-Shannon says if there is information "missing" between the
> samples that information must be above the frequency threshold. Maybe
> that answers your question in tandem with Phil's post.
> Darren

Exactly. There is no missing information 0Hz-22kHz. I know its
counter-intuitive...but it's true!.
Perfect reproduction at any frequency doesn't require an infinite
series of samples. Just as well, since when we listen with our ears to
actual acoustic sounds we aren't listening to an infinite series of
samples - we are listening to a discrete sequence of pressure waves
exciting a transducer (in our ear) to produce a series of quantised
electrical pulses that are not continuous.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...SB3+Stontronics PSU - Altmann
JISCO/UPCI - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods)- Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters,
Kimber & Chord cables
Outdoors: Boombox+Creative Sub (If I remember to turn it on...)