ErikM;379711 Wrote:
> I'll chime in with Phil on this. How big is the room? What are the
> materials carpeted floor, or hard wood?  How are the speakers setup how
> far off the back wall measured from the back of the speaker, how far
> apart are they inside edge to edge? How far away are you sitting? Are
> there lot's of windows are they covered, drapes or wood shutters? Also
> things like coffee table in front of speakers or any hard surfaces near
> the speakers?  I would also suggest as for placement try starting with
> the speakers facing straight ahead no toe in. See if that helps, some
> speakers will get brighter as you toe them in. Also your height
> relative to the tweeters will change the tonality, also SF speakers
> like a certin amount of rearward rake, try starting out with them level
> then add a little rake as you go.

Erik, thanks,
Most of this is answered in my post to Phil and Themis. I sit about
3.5m away from the front of the speakers and they are, at the moment,
facing straight ahead but I have had them toed in. Sitting down I'm
about ear level between the tweeter and mid range and the speakers are
raked backwards.
Thanks for your suggestions - I'll have a fiddle tomorrow.

--
norman12