Mnyb;379348 Wrote:
> I agree that 24/96 is more or less as good as music encoding ever needs
> to be.
> The format is better than any Hardware or Software that's supports it,
> which is as it should be, the 24/96 format itself is never a
> bottleneck.
> So i think this 96kHz vs 192kHz is a red herring.
>
> To get more musical enjoyment I found that going multichannel is the
> way.
> 6 channels of 24/96 can be glorious :) It's not a gimmick it can work
> (stereo was once considered "gimmick" by mono flat-earthers ).
> This *really* increases the spatial information for your brain/ear
> system.
> I suppose anyone with an DVD-A player have heard it that way.
>
> So I would put an multichannel capable SB high on the wish list.
> This is probably never going to happen as the amount of suitable music
> downloads in multichannel high rez is minimal. and low rez multichannel
> can
> be catered for by streaming dts files

I agree but there is no legal way that I know of to put lossless 24/96
multi-channel music on your server. The only source material is DVD-A,
SACD, BD. And even if there was a way they would have to find a secure
way to output it (I suppose HDMI could work) but that could get messy
with no video. Meridian has had issues around getting their encryption
approved so they could support multi-channel lossless off BD to their
digital speakers. Finally I think they are approved and a solution
should be annouced this Thursday at CES. It gets very complicated with
multi-channel.

By the way high bitrate DTS sounds fantastic off the transporter.

It's more the multiple channels that your liking than the boost to
24/96.

--
mswlogo

XP > Cat5 > Transporter > SPDIF > Meridian G68 > DSP6000, DSP5500HC,
DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF > Meridian DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF > Meridian G91 > DSP5000

'My Transporter Setup'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=350741&postcount=45)
'Hitch Hikers Guide to Meridian' (http://www.meridianunplugged.com)