The quality of production and arrangements used for a lot of modern
mainstream music are awful IMO.

However, the Idol and X-Factor singers can sing. I remember the live TV
performance of "No Air" with Jordan Sparks and Chris Brown and they tore
it up. That was before it was released as a single in the UK and I
thought they were really impressive singers.

However, the latest studio production of Hallelujah by the current
X-Factor winner Alexandra is an awful arrangement and is pretty much an
insult to Cohen not to mention Jeff Buckley's effort.

It's sad - but the talent is there. I blame the music companies.
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Krell KAV-300i (pre bypass) -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system