andynormancx wrote:
> Robin Bowes;380831 Wrote:
>> They can?
>>

> It all just goes to show how much tastes for music can vary. I can
> whole heartedly agree with you that that Jordin Sparks/Chris Brown clip
> doesn't demonstrate what I would identify as singing talent...

Agreed.

> Robin Bowes;380831 Wrote:
>> This is singing (different genre, but still):
>>
>> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qVZNx39xYiA
>>

> ...but to me that is as bad as the Sparks/Brown clip, just about all
> opera sounds forced and unnatural to me. That clip is just horrible to
> my ears, definitely not I would describe as singing...

Understood. Opera is not for all, and I did hesitate to use an operatic
clip as an example of what I consider to be wonderful singing because of
that. Still, the most amazing singing I've ever heard was Cecial Bartoli
in recital live at the Bridgewater Hall, Manchester. Simply breath-taking.

> Robin Bowes;380831 Wrote:
>> This is soul:
>>
>> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3UlQVhMAbwg
>>
> ...now we're talking, that is singing, IMHO at least ;)

Well, I suppose there may be people who won't like it, but their souls
must have died years ago.

R.