andynormancx;380952 Wrote:

> > Robin Bowes;380831 Wrote:
> >
> > They can?
> > > >
> It all just goes to show how much tastes for music can vary. I can
> whole heartedly agree with you that that Jordin Sparks/Chris Brown
> clip doesn't demonstrate what I would identify as singing talent...

You're all mad, or just old and crabby...

Robin Bowes;380997 Wrote:

> Opera is not for all, and I did hesitate to use an operatic
> clip as an example of what I consider to be wonderful singing because
> of
> that.
R&B is not for all, and I did hesitate to use an R&B

Robin Bowes;380997 Wrote:

> >> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3UlQVhMAbwg
> >>[/color]
> > ...now we're talking, that is singing, IMHO at least ;)[/color]
> Well, I suppose there may be people who won't like it, but their souls
> must have died years ago.
>
> R.
Otis can sing, no doubt. But then if he'd lived today I'd hate to hear
his modern studio version of Try a Little Tenderness stamped out by a
mainstream music company. That was exactly my point - look what happens
to Chris Brown et al when they're  arranged and produced by the Borg -
so your comparison with Chris Brown's studio version is apples and
oranges.
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Krell KAV-300i (pre bypass) -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system