ralphpnj;381116 Wrote:
> Case in point: compare Holly Cole's singing to that of many of the more
> popular female jazz singers (Diana Krall) for an example of what I'm
> trying to say.
Holly Cole, eh? I'll have to have a listen. I could never get excited
about Diana Krall. I have a few old Peggy Lee tracks - her voice is
good but her timing is the greatest.
ralphpnj;381116 Wrote:

> Why doesn't the "Music" section of the forum rarely seem to have a
> discussion this animated? I know that this discussion is completely off
> topic but it's really been quite enjoyable

People's definition of "audiophile" varies and many like music a lot
more than SQ - I would count myself among them.
ralphpnj;381116 Wrote:

> I'm glad to find that there are other people out there who feel the
> same as I do with respect to cheapening (for lack of a better word) of
> music that is going on as a result of shows like American Idol and
> X-Factor.

Actually I agree - IMHO what I wrote was a counterexample like Leona. I
would say Leona is better live, too.
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Krell KAV-300i (pre bypass) -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system