Kind of a follow up to this (and I think I know the answer) but
comparing DAC in the SB3 to the DAC in a Marantz SR-4003 - I'm guessing
the SB3 has the better DAC, but a Nonreality and Themis have noted, if I
want better integration with my subwoofer, it's better to just run
digital from the SB3 to the Marantz? I guess, it's also less line level
cable runs, and my stereo cabinet is a mess of power and audio all over
the place.

I can't manage to find any specific info on the Marantz DAC. I know
it's a 192/24, but don't know the brand - I see the SB3 has a
Burr-Brown 24-bit.

Granted, I should just listen. But I'm wondering what the technical
answer is.

Thanks!
Andrew

--
androidtopp

My SB3 is the most expensive part of my stereo. So I'm not going to brag
about it.
And my SBB as well...Is it wrong that my alarm clock is worth more than
most of my stereo components? I need to work on that.

http://www.last.fm/user/androidtopp