Hello all,

I have been very happy with my current SB3 since i got it in the fall.
I fell upon an opportunity to pick up a reasonably priced Transporter to
replace the SB3.  My situation is this, I read and read that one group
of people believe a better DAC will be noticeable in a mid-upper level
system, while others believe a DAC is a DAC, they all do the same and
sound the same.  I plan to test both while there in my setup but i am
seeking some opinions.
As a reference point my setup is this:
Ascend Sierras for main speakers
Proceed Amp3 for fronts
Proceed Preamp
Oppo 980
SB3

The oppo & SB3 DAC's are in use due to the analog preamp.  So
ultimately I am wondering will the Transporter be an improvement over
the DAC's in each of my current pieces being it can use its own for
streaming files & other digital inputs.

I just wanted to hear some thoughts before it arrives.

Thanks guys!

Brandon

--
bigbwb