I agree coupling is good if you have a concrete floor. In Europe,
especially in the UK, a lot of floors are wooden boards especially on
upper levels. These boards tend to vibrate a lot so I use spikes and
coins under my speakers which decouples them very effectively. The
cabinets do weigh 25-30kg though.

What you say is fine in the right circumstances, but I believe it
depends on the context.

I had concrete floors previously and then I tried to couple the
speakers with the floor. Not only was that the best thing for the
concrete floor, the concrete floor was just better all round. Wooden
floors are not ideal IMO (but I'm stuck with them).
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Krell KAV-300i (pre bypass) -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system