Phil Leigh;392656 Wrote:
> hmmm... Darren you seem to have unconvered a previously undiscovered
> definition of the term "enhanced" :-)

Hi Phil,

A while back on the DIY thread you asked me why I thought streaming FM
sounded better than CD playback on my Duet receiver, given the
relatively low-rez format of streaming FM.

I had no clue at the time, but after reading this thread I suspect what
I'm hearing is 'less compressed' recordings played over the web by WGBH
in Boston, etc. vs compressed CD's from my collection.

The mods to my Duet have narrowed the gap but there are still times
where streaming FM just kills a CD of the same music played off my
server.

Interesting...

Pete

--