GRC;393243 Wrote:
> Didn't I read elsewhere on this august forum that upgrading the PSU as
> above only makes a discernable difference with the analogue outputs on
> SB Classic?

Well keep in mind we've now shipped a few different products and
different power supplies over the years. After Logi acquired Slim, the
5V 2A Unifive adaptor that came with SLIMP3/SB1/SB2/SB3 was changed to
a Logitech branded one from a different manufacturer. Also the US and
UK/Euro power supplies used to be different, but now they are the same
brick with an interchangeable AC plug. The PS that now comes with SB3
has lower RFI and that was (IMHO) the only defensible reason to prefer
an aftermarket supply on the SB3.  The notion that somehow a bigger PS
will give you more "oomph" is absolute nonsense - the unit is not
"starved for electricity".

--
seanadams