Phil Leigh;398391 Wrote:
> OK: 24/96 downsampled to 48/24 and to 44/16 - quite a large difference -
> only -36dB down
>
> On the surface this seems to confirm the theory that 24-bit is worth
> pursuing.
> However, I'm suspicious of the downsampling capabilities of Foobar.
> Maybe others could try and replicate - possibly using other tools?
>
> I'm off to test the volume control... this is going to be tricky.

GREAT!! This confirms what I'm HEARING when comparing downsampled 24/48
tracks on my SB2 compared to their 14/44 versions!  HDTracks, here I
come!

This is a SUPERB thread.  Unfortunately, I doubt my Toshiba Laptop mic
input is adequate to run tests myself.  Will look into it.

--
sleepysurf

main system:  sb2 (with elpac linear psu) > benchmark dac-1 > modwright
swl 9.0se > belles 350a reference > ml summits. blue jeans cables.
secondary sb3 systems in master br (russound r235ls amp driving
in-ceiling speakers) and game room (powered swan s200a speakers).