tomjtx;398733 Wrote:
> If you mean intellectually deaf I quite agree :-)
>
> IMO people are being intellectually dishonest with themselves if they
> refuse to do a blind test.
>
> Did you compare the dacs blind ?

It does make me laugh when people blithely accept ABX blind testing as
the _only_ way to critically evaluate audio components.

In what sense is an ABX test anywhere near approaching the way we
listen to music for pleasure? Listening to 30 second snippets of music
over and over again is not going to help you determine the sonic
characteristics of a DAC/amp or whatever.  This is not the Pepsi
Challenge!

You might not like it because it doesn't conform to rigorous scientific
methodology, but what is scientific about listening to music?

--
browellm

Transporter >> Kondo M7 >>Art Audio Quintet, Border Patrol PS >> Living
Voice IBX/R2