Sorry, but I agree with Mr Sukebe about differences,

I was in the market 7 years ago for a new CD player.  I spent several
hours in my local dealers listening room.  Equipment under review Cyrs,
Naim, Linn and Tag McLaren (just before they disappeared.

All equipment was used with same amplifier, volume matched and same
speaker set-up.  Differences were pronounced both in perceived bass and
particularly higher frequency balance.

The differences do exist.  In the high frequency end there are major
variations.  But even bass.  Today you could listen to my Cyrus CD7Q as
it is and through a Lavry DA10 - the bass level is very different!

Regards

Dave

--
DaveWr