We can argue forever about this. It's not easy to know how the SACD and
CD layers of a dual layer disc were created. Ditto for the comparative
quality of the SACD or CD DACs in a single player!

The valid way to test the worth of the formats, and formats alone, is
by using an SACD player playing an SACD layer as the source and to use
a 16/44 ADC/DAC after the output as comparison. (There is only one
study I know about that did this very thing.)
Darren

--
darrenyeats

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.
http://www.last.fm/listen/user/darrenyeats

SB3 + Inguz -> Krell KAV-300i (pre bypass) -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop / Rio Karma -> JVC UX-C30 mini system / Sennheiser PX-100