darrenyeats;407443 Wrote:
> I tend to buy discs because they're cheaper, they are a physical medium
> to fall back on and also I can lend them out. Since in my case they're
> CDs I can use them in the car and other systems too. (I store most of
> them most of the time, but they're there.) If you lose downloaded stuff
> it's gone.
>
> It's vital to have a proper backup system. Hard discs fail! It's just a
> matter of when. Even though I have CDs I have a proper backup system
> because the time invested in maintaining my music library (NOT just
> ripping) is too much to lose. If you buy downloaded music a proper
> backup system's important for an extra important reason.
> Darren

absolutely - what's a 1Tb disk these days? 10 CD's? peanuts compared to
the hundreds of hours spent tinkering with my tags...(not to mention
ripping)

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom