cdmackay;412477 Wrote:
> ralphpnj wrote:
> > You're right, if nothing short of a full blown ABX will make you
> happy
> > then don't spend the money. However, just for the record, what does
> > your audio system consist of right now? Are you using the analog
> > outputs of the SBR or the digital outputs into an external DAC or
> > receiver? There are several other ways to improve the sound of your
> > existing audio system besides upgrading to a Transporter and many of
> > them may cost less than a Transporter.
>
> indeed, and probably it's a bad example in my case.
>
> I'm takign the analogue output of the SBR into Quad pre/power amps, and
>
> thence to Quad bookshelf speakers, which is the best I can fit in my
> crowded office, which itself doesn't have ideal acoustics. no doubt.
>
> I'm also considering getting a headphone amp and some nice cans,
> perhaps
> Beyer.
>
> cheers,
> c.
Which Quad pre/power?

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
SB3 (wired) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Outdoors: Boom