Dear Slim Devices / Logitech,
I recently started using the Transporter as a DAC for my DVD player
connected through S/PDIF (DVD digital output -> Transporter digital
input). This allows me to watch a DVD while maximising the listening
experience. Although the DVD sound (PCM) through the Transporter is
excellent, there is a lip-sync issue where the sound arrives a fraction
of a second before the image due to the image processing by the LCD
television.

Of course, a device like a Felston DD740 between the DVD player and the
Transporter perfectly resolves the issue be delaying the sound in order
to have both sound and picture in sync.

I was wondering if the Transporter would be technically capable of
delaying the sound using its internal buffer, where the TransNav knob
could be used to set the delay in milliseconds.

As it looks like televisions will do more and more image processing,
the lip-sync issue may stay with us for quite some more time.

If Transporter customer community counts more users like myself, this
could be an idea for future firmware development.

Thank you in advance for your consideration :-)

--
Supertramp