Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.  I just received a Pace Car 2 and
Bitmeister SPDIF cable today from Steve @ Empirical.  For the skeptics
in this thread, I will say unequivocally, hands down, this device has
added tremendously to my system in very, very noticeable ways.  I'm
sitting here writing this while I listen to some music I know well
(i.e., Seal Best of Acoustic 24bit recording ripped from DVD-A, Rebecca
Pidgeon Retrospective 24/96, Blue Coast Records tracks in 24/96, Norah
Jones, Lauridsen's O Magnum Mysterium, even a popular CD like Taylor
Swift Fearless, etc.), and am finding myself reguarly having to lift my
falling jaw...  and this is in it's first hour or two of duty and so not
broken in yet.
Music has more detail, meaningfully more extension in the highs and
lows, more musical and analog sounding (without any compromise in
detail), better separation between instruments / voices, bigger
soundstage (and far better imaging of the instruments within the
soundstage).
Setup for context is Transporter->PaceCar2->Meridian568.2->Krell amp.
(the PaceCar2 uses it's word clock output with the Transporter as slave)
Kudo's to Steve for such a great product.

--
silverlight