There are a couple of threads here, and many elsewhere, regarding
re-clocking - specifically, the Empirical Audio Pace-Car.  My question
has to do with an external DAC and the role it plays with reducing
jitter.  If you have a good DAC with very low jitter measurements,
doesn’t it already do some correcting/or eliminating of jitter fed to it
by the transport (i.e.: SB Duet receiver)?  I assume a re-clocker is
installed before the DAC?  Is the theory (reality…whatever) that
re-clocking the signal greatly reduces the jitter, even more than a good
DAC?  I see by the articles that I’ve read that the “Pace-Car” was being
utilized in conjunction with an external DAC, fed by SB……??

--
timequest