DanH;427817 Wrote:
> You can get them from HDtracks and Linn records. That is the main reason
> I would buy a transporter. Crutchfield has a deal right now for 1800 you
> get a transporter and a squeezebox controller. It is very tempting. I
> just wish I knew if you can hear a difference in higher sample rate
> audio.
That is a smashing good deal!

To tell you the truth, in my mid range Naim system I could not hear
obvious differences between 44.1/16 and 96/24 tracks.  I've been called
deaf by other members but to me they both sounded very good on the
Transporter.

I can hear obvious improvements between a Naim Powerline or Hi-Line and
ordinary cables.

But dont buy it for the hires files alone.  The Transporter is
extraordinary with 44.1/16 files alone.  The rest is just bonus.

IMHO, the quality of the master/mix is far more important.

--
agentsmith

System 1: Transporter+Hi-Line RCA-DIN, Naim
202/200/Hicap+Powerline/NAPSC, Naim NAT03 tuner, CD5X, Harbeth Monitor
30
System 2: SB2 or Airport Express connected via TOSLINK to a Meridian
F80
Headphone: Naim Headline+NAPSC and ancient Senn HD580