sxr71;429729 Wrote:
> Totally agree with that and is the reason why I don't believe ABX
> testing really works as well as some people believe.
ABX is intended to discover if a listener can detect a difference
between A and B. If so it says nothing about which is the listener's
preference.
AB testing is intended to discover the listener's preference between A
and B. It says nothing about which is better for other listeners i.e.
the result is subjective.
Most objections I've read to ABX and AB are not fundamental objections.
They're about how particular tests are carried out in practice, for
example the structure or length of the listening sessions. (Doing a
long-term AB(X) isn't impossible, just difficult.)
Darren

--
darrenyeats

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.

(Inguz bass EQ'd) SB3 -> (pre bypassed) Krell KAV-300i -> PMC AB-1
(caps bass EQ'd) Laptop -> Genius Slab SW-flat2.1 700
SB3 / Rio Karma / Laptop -> Roberts Sound 43 / Sennheiser PX-100 / JVC
UX-C30